Monument to the Victims of the Chisinau Ghetto
It was inaugurated on April 22, 1993. The authors – the architect S. Şoihet and the sculptor N. Epelbaum.
The Chisinau ghetto was created on July 25, 1941 by order of the military governor of Bessarabia, General Constantin Voiculescu. On August 11, there were 10,578 people in the ghetto, later the number increased to 11,525 with the arrival of Jews from nearby towns. According to the 1942 census of the authorities, only 100 Jews remained in Chisinau, of which 99 were in the ghetto. Only 6 Jews survived until the Soviet army entered Chisinau in the summer of 1944.